Thursday, October 08, 2009

Eye Trouble

Yep...I starting having pain in my left eye since last Friday. It progressively got worse over the weekend so Monday I called my eye doctor - Dr Ming Wang - the doctor who did my lasix eye surgery 8+ years ago. They squeezed me into their schedule today. I told him that there was a lot of pressure behind the eye - it felt very dry, but yet there was more tearing from that eye than my other. The Dr said that I had Ocular Surface Disease which is an inflammation of the surface of my eye and that an eye drop called Restasis should help. They said that it is common for women over 40 due to hormonal changes and especially with women who have had eye surgery. I called Tony - (my brother - in - law and in my opinion the BEST eye doctor ever) to confirm he agreed with this diagnosis - and he did.

So I guess that means I stop by the drug store tomorrow and get some of these special eye drops. They both said that it will take at least a month to even start feeling a change and will take at least three months before the inflammation is gone. Hmmmm I guess that is one of the prices of getting old.

No comments: