I received an email this week from our church prayer team asking that during a certain time of the day that I dedicate time to prayer.....a time to pray for our Senior Pastor and a time to pray for all the others who need our prayer. I pray all the time..... but I must confess...the thought of praying for an entire hour was a scary thought for me.....Why? Why would it be scary for me to talk to my heavenly father for 60 minutes? Would I have enough to talk about? After all, I have never considered myself a prayer warrior - just a Christian who prays on a regular basis. A Christian who prays a few minutes every day. Someone who thanks God for the breath of life in the morning and for making it through the day at night. But for an hour..... could I do it?I decided that if I was going to take that time to talk to him...then I was going to need to be prepared. No phones...no clock...no interruptions...just me and him. I prepared a list of those who needed my prayers... a list of those who mean so very much to me...and the list of burdens that I have carried around with me for the last year. Even with these lists....would I have enough to say in an hours time?
To my surprise I had more then enough time.... in fact....two hours later....and a half a box of kleenex....I had the most remarkable experience of dedicated prayer with my heavenly father! Where had the time gone? Why did I have tears? Now for some of you - No...I haven't gone off the deep edge..... it was just a remarkable experience! Wow - I did have a lot to pray for. It was an experience that I would challenge all of you to have. It was more than just having devotional time or a daily prayer - it was a true connection! I have never felt so free....

1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience. I, too, have had those beautiful, long prayer times with my Father in Heaven. Now, your next challenge: pray only to thank Him for things you are grateful for. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, try spending a week of prayers on only those things you are grateful for. It is amazing to begin to recognize the many big and small things that you don't think about on a daily basis but that you are grateful for and haven't thanked Him for. Let me know how it goes! I'll do it, too. We can share our individual experiences later.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment