Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Our 44th President

I have kept relatively quiet through this election. I never supported Obama - but I didn't support our republican candidate either - even though McCain is the one I cast my vote for.

There is one fundamental change that has occurred- Obama has been elected president elect of the United States of America and because of that - I will show my respect for him in this position and offer my prayer.

Obama is offering hope to the American people which was evident on the faces of the millions of people last night across this great country. It is a historical point in time - a man of color- elected President in 2008 . Me and you may disagree on policies but he is the President of OUR nation - democrats, republicans, independents, and those who are black, white or brown. I'm still not sure if he is the right man for the office, but it will be interesting to see how he attempts to create this "change" that so many people who voted for him are expecting.

No comments: