What an adventure! I headed out last Wed to fly to San Diego for a business trip. It was raining in Nashville when we left which made for a bumpy ride out. It was a very turbulent ride into California because they too were having heavy rains and high wind. Thursday didn't let up at all. I was told that we got over 11 inches (5 inches is normal for the year for San Diego) and winds gusting up to 85 mph. It was just horrible. We were lucky that our hotel rooms were on the 2nd floor on the backside of the complex. May of the first floor rooms were all flooded. More flooding pics in my shutterfly album to the right.
Friday morning - my girlfriend Kelly (friends since the first grade) picked me up and took me to her house in Laguna Hills. I was SOOOOOO excited to see her. She left Nashville when we were 13 and have been blessed to have been able to stay in touch these 30+ years. I brought her some "goo goo" candies from home - a treat only for us Nashvillian's. I got to meet her wonderful boys, see her beautiful home, and had the privilege of meeting her husband Doug. I just can't say enough how much fun it was to spend time with her. Love ya Kelly!!! (more pics of us in the shutterfly album to the right)

Friday night, Kelly brought me to San Marcos where I got to meet up with my nephew Ken and his wife Christy. We went out for dinner and caught up on all the latest news.
Saturday brought on the sunshine. They took me to the beach where we strolled along the shore and had the opportunity to see some seals and their baby pups. We had a great lunch, and again caught up on all the happenings within the family. I also had the privilege of seeing Ken's dental office. Its a great clinic in a perfect location. Ken and I talked in great lengths about marketing and all that fun stuff. (of course being a marketing director - I had to put my two cents worth in ) We had so much fun together! I loved their apartment and the wonderful hospitality. Was even treated to some home-made waffles - you go Chirsty! What a fantastic trip = just too short. Lots of pics in my shutterfly album to the right.

1 comment:
i love this post. but, where's the picture of you playing wii? i was sure that was blog-worthy! hahahahaha!
love you, my friend!
Post a Comment