Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Enjoying a snow day today!

A winter storm quickly moved through the area, dropping about an inch of sleet and snow in Nashville this morning....so I decided not to take a chance and get out on the slick streets. Not enough to make a snowman, but enough to make driving hazardous. Christie - are you sure you don't miss the cold crazy weather in Nashville ??? :)



I also have had fun updating facebook and including the famous "25 random things about me" list. For those of you who don't have facebook - I have listed them here...

After reading some of my friends 25 random things...I had to laugh as I put my list together:

1.I use to be a clogger on the Nashville Network to help pay for college

2.I was legally blind until I had lasix eye surgery. I was reminded of this when I went on my last trip out of the county and after my passport was scanned the gentleman asked me and my husband which one of us was blind

3.I use to love watching wrestling on tv and was always excited when my dad took me and my brother to the fairgrounds to watch them in person.

4.I can’t drive in the snow. I have tried 3 times all ending with horrible wrecks and hefty damages to my car. Anytime it snows – either my husband or brother asks where I am and when they need to come get me.

5.My favorite color to wear is black and I always wear high heels when I have a business meeting so I don't have to look up to the men - I can look them eye to eye

6.I Love my girls more than life itself and miss them horribly now that they are away in college…but at the same time so thankful and proud that they want to continue their education and get their degrees and still call me often!!!

7.That I just got laid off from work and for the first time in my life have had to actually go look for a job.

8.That I eat one thing at a time on my plate and don’t like my food to touch9.I love being “Mamma Q” to my many kids (20+)… love talking to them – even though most of them are all gone to college now, loving them, and just being there for them and especially being called Mamma Q

10.I have an Associates degree in Science and graduated from Radiology school. From college I went straight to being a Mammogram tech – yes squishing boobies for a living – for 12 years.

11.I hate going to garage sales but love having them and raising money for good causes. The last few garage sales brought in over $4500 to help pay for an upcoming mission trip.

12.I love love love to travel! have followed the Beach Boy Song - been to Aruba, Jamaica, Bahamas, Key Largo and other Keys, Montego and yet still want to go to Bermuda and KOKOMO! Have also gone to Cozumel, Cancun, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Belize, and Honduras.

13.I am addicted to Chi Tea Lattes and have them one to two times a day!

14.Speaking of travel – I am planning on going to Silang Cavite Philippines this May for a mission trip with my family

15.I love taking pictures and have overloaded shutterfly with millions of them.

16.I am fortunate to be very close with my brother and mom. My dad passed away in 1996

17.I am afraid of spiders and heights and recently found out that I am also very afraid of the dark…you can ask Jillian about the last one! And I am very claustrophobic

18. Have the most wonderful husband in the world – 23 years this August!

19.That I still stay in contact with my girlfriend Kelly in California. We have known each other and have been good friends since Kindergarten at Norman Binkley....yes I'm a native Nashvillian who still lives here

20.That I have a handgun carry permit and have had it for a very very long time.

21.I hate roses – they die so quickly and are so expensive, but I love getting flowers

22.I love reading and the last book I read that was absolutely wonderful was “The Shack” given to me by Christie for Christmas

23.I love “STEEVIE” my new roomba…

24.I have been going to the same hair stylist for 22 years

25.That I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: