Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lake Trail Walk

Wow...we actually had 50 degree weather today - what a HUGE difference a few days make when we had snow and ice just a few days ago. Today, after church, Ed and I went to Long Hunter State Park and took the lake trail. I think it is one of the most popular trails. It is a two mile self-guided hard surfaced trail that winds along the shore of the 100 are Couchville lake. You pass several sinkholes, walk through the hardwood forest, and cross the lake on a 300 foot bridge. We even saw some deer grazing in a field nearby. I brought my camera - but unfortunately the battery was dead - so no pics today. There are eight more trails - maybe the weather will cooperate and we can venture out on those in the weekends to come! I can't believe that we have lived nearby for over 20 years and never went on any of these trails!

No comments: