
Hmmmm. This was not a movie that we thought we were watching. I enjoyed it, but felt a little weird afterward.
This apocalyptic sci-fi thriller dives into so many weird circumstances and unexplained narratives. It all comes together in a head-on collision with logic. The setting is a burned-out, futuristic landscape after an unexplained holocaust called the “final war” has destroyed the planet. The survivors have divided into camps—villains and victims, cannibals and people who will do anything for the few remaining drops of water. Denzel Washington plays Eli, a spiritual man with über-human survival techniques who hits the road on the way to the California coast with a sacred book in his backpack that contains the secrets to jump-start civilization and save the planet. I can tell you without fear of spoiling anything that Eli’s book is the last Holy Bible in existence, and it’s in great demand by a lot of monsters and maniacs. I will have to admit it does make you think about the end times and what will be of importance at that time.

No comments:
Post a Comment