Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day


I have to laugh...I guess it's a part of getting old. Ed and I both heard a lady talking on the radio about Valentines day. (even though we were in two different places that day) The lady was talking about how she thought this day was disgusting. She went on to say, these young people in love buy flowers, candy, lavish gifts for those that they love, go out to fancy restaurants..... She said - all I will get, if I'm lucky is a 99 cent card from Walmart that says your lucky to have a husband like me.
When Ed and I got home we both at the same time said, "sorry - I didn't have time to get you anything for Valentines day, but I did get a card." We both laughed out loud = not knowing that the other one had heard the same lady on the radio. No we didn't have lavish gifts or eat at a fancy restaurant. Ed teasingly said - and here is your flower (the one on the card)...again we laughed out loud. We exchanged cards and said...I guess we could at least go out to eat dinner - so we did at Olive Garden.
It's not that I don't enjoy Valentines day - because I very much do - I always have and always will let my girls know how much I love them and will send them a card, and will always give my mom a card and some chocolate candy, and will continue to celebrate loving my husband every day with starting the morning and finishing the day saying I love you!

No comments: