Yeah! Today is my birthday...the big 45! I was so glad to see the Sun shine all day today. Sun always makes the days better. Ed bought me a small birthday cake, some flyer's, a gift certificate to get my nails done and a 1 hour massage this weekend. Jillian and Christie sent me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries - YUM!I enjoyed reading all my birthday greetings on facebook from all my friends and "surrogate kids". I even received email birthday greetings from our adopted friends in the Philippines. (acquaintances from our Mission Trip) My brother and mom both called to wish me a wonderful birthday, and we will get together this
weekend. 
At work, my boss took me out to lunch and gave me a book, "The Prayer of Jabez", and later on the day the office surprised me with a birthday cake with my name on it. We all sat back in the conference room for about half an hour laughing, sharing stories, and eating birthday cake. It was a lot of fun....and yes a Surprise!
I finished the night playing a game of scrabble (by myself) My favorite game! and catching up on all my DVR'd shows. Overall, it was a great birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment