Thursday, October 09, 2008

Am I Un-American?

I really don't want to vote in this years election. In my earlier post - I thought I would go back and see what is the responsibility of the president. In my eyes - it is a person who has Vision and who has Leadership to push our country in the right direction. It is clear - as you can see through history that the president DOES NOT hold the purse strings - but yet works with congress to pass laws that will benefit the nation. I ask the question: Who is responsible for taking care of ME and for fixing MY economy? The government has not done well taking care of themselves...what makes me think that they can take care of me. I have always been a conservative...but I feel that this year we don't even have a conservative team running and the one that is on the republican ticket has no vision or leadership in my opinion...especially with the running mate he has chosen. He has spent more time in the last few days talking about government doing this and government doing that instead of taking a more conservative approach. I feel that on the other end of the spectrum - Obama has a vision and has leadership qualities - but again - I don't want the government taking care of me - I want to be able to take care of me..... So that leads me back to my original question - am I un-American for not wanting to vote for either party ? ? ? ?

No comments: