I am so glad that Ed and I had the opportunity to go visit with Christie before I started my new job. We flew down Friday morning and she picked us up from the airport. We dropped her off at school since she still had a class to go to and we checked into our hotel. Just a few hours later - we met up again and had a great conversation over lunch. I fussed at her for being so skinny. She swears that she is eating - but to me...she is so thin.As it turns out - our nephew Billy was in Tampa for a meeting - and he met up with us at Christies dorm. It was the first time that he has been there. It was great seeing him too. We went to dinner and we all talked well into the night and caught up on all the happenings.
Saturday we decided to go to Busch Gardens for the day. Christie had a pass and we had discount tickets to get in. It was a beautiful day, in the 70's with a nice breeze. We strolled through the park and Christie took tons of pictures of the animals. We didn't venture on the water slides or roller coasters - but still enjoyed the day and each others company. (pics in my shutterfly folder to the right)
It was too expensive to fly out on Sunday so we got to spend another day here. Christie got a new job working at "Tillys" - a clothing store - in the mall. We dropped her off since she had to go in for orientation - and Ed and I went shopping. I still had some money from my gift cards given to me for my birthday - so we went looking. I can't believe the sales tax is so low in Florida - especially compared to Tenn. After a short few hours - we joined back up with Christie and had lunch at the Cheesecake factory. We later went back to her apartment - took a short nap, then did the necessary grocery shopping for the week.
After that - we went to a nearby bowling alley to play a few games ....yes...I broke out of my slump and played one game. See...the last time I went bowling...I landed flat on my back...how ....we still can't figure it out...but bowling is not my favorite pass time...but I wanted to spend time with Christie so I went and bowled. After one game...I was done for the night. Ed and Christie battled it out for the last few games and had a blast.
Monday was back to reality. We ate breakfast at Christie's apartment and met a friend of hers "X". He was a very nice young man and we enjoyed meeting him. We ate a quick breakfast and then off to the airport to catch a flight home. Ed and I both had to work Monday - so like I said - back to reality.
I am so glad that I got to see Christie. She will not be able to come home for spring break so it will be May before I get to see her again.
Monday was back to reality. We ate breakfast at Christie's apartment and met a friend of hers "X". He was a very nice young man and we enjoyed meeting him. We ate a quick breakfast and then off to the airport to catch a flight home. Ed and I both had to work Monday - so like I said - back to reality.
I am so glad that I got to see Christie. She will not be able to come home for spring break so it will be May before I get to see her again.



1 comment:
I am so incredibly happy that you guys were able to make it out here. I had such a great time. I miss you two sooooooo very much. I love you and I can't wait to see you again!
Love ya bunches!
Post a Comment