Today I had a very unusual meeting...this may get a little wordy...but it's great and worth reading.
As you may remember from a previous post - I got a new job. Well, I was so excited to tell everyone, that I emailed several people who have been asking me often how the job search was going....one of those being my previous boss Leigh (who I still love and is a dear friend today) This email told them who I was working for, what I would be doing, what the company does etc. Leigh called me as soon as she got the email - congratulating me on the new job. In this conversation - she also mentioned that she was getting ready to purchase some radiology furniture this week and was trying to get everything together to do that. The new company that I work for SELLS RADIOLOGY FURNITURE! That is one of the reasons why I was hired - to promote this line and gets sales up! How ironic is that ????
I told her that even though I was not "officially" working yet, I would call my new boss and have him come with me over to meet her so we could give her a quote on our furniture. This would allow me to learn about this furniture line by watching and seeing what questions he would ask so that I can turn around and train others to sell it. She was very excited and said YES - I will meet you Wed morning. I told my new boss David about all this and he couldn't believe the opportunity.
David and I went over to Radiology Alliance (my previous employer - who laid me off) to meet with Leigh. Talking about weird - me introducing my new boss to my old boss! When we got into her office Leigh told David - "you just don't have a clue how much we miss Teresa". And David replied - "I'm sorry for your loss, but I am glad that we have her now!" It was so weird and akward to have both my bosses in the same room talking about me. :)
After much ado about the furniture, Leigh took us over to a site to look at the furniture that they already had - what they liked, what they didn't like and what they needed now. It was a great meeting and I learned so very much from David. Leigh said that she was going to postpone her decision to get the furniture till I got back next week - and "officially" started work with the new company. This would give David time to work up quotes for her immediate needs and put together a desk that she can actually see at our warehouse next week. I can't wait to start work on Monday to see what he has done!
Wouldn't it be ironic - if my first sale is for the company that laid me off ?????? Stay posted and I will tell you how it all goes down.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment