Another day ...another year. Yes, I am 44 today! So what did I do....Ed took me for breakfast at Crackle Barrel... a wonderful southern breakfast that unfortunately stayed with me most of the day. We then went to the movies to watch a chick flick - "Bride Wars" I thought it was so funny. I caught Ed snoozing through most of the movie - but it didn't matter since it was just the two of us in there anyway. I didn't mind laughing out loud at all the funny scenes since there was nobody there to yell at me. I had two movie passes from Christmas that we used. I also had a gift card to Kohls - so we looked around but I wasn't really in the mood to shop so we headed back home.
The remainder of the day was spent at home since Ed had to go to work. It was still a great afternoon - I got a card from my previous boss Leigh in the mail wishing me success in whatever I do and other pleasant greetings, and also got an email from another couple of previous co-workers. I was glad that they remembered me. I was also glad to read all the "facebook" messages from old friends, from family, and yes from all the kids that call me "Mamma Q".
One of the highlites from my day was pure surprise. I had applied for a grant from a promotional company to purchase some drawstring backpacks for the kids that we are sponsoring on our upcoming mission trip, since we ended up not having enough money to get them. I GOT THE GRANT! They are giving me $500 worth of backpacks for these kids. I just couldn't believe it! Then.... I got a card in the mail from my girlfriend in California - Kelly... she sent a card with $50 saying that she hoped it would help with the shipping cost of the supplies to the Philippines. God is good! We were $55 short from what we had budgeted to ship the needed supplies. It couldn't have come at a more opportune time! Thank you KELLY!!!!!!!! Love ya girl!
Then last night - I had a conference call with Ryan and my girls concerning the final arrangements for our mission trip - yes - I have learned how to 3-way :) (thanks to Jillian) We talked about confirming leaving and arriving dates, where we would be on what day, and all the other important things. It was a great phone conversation.
I finished up the day by reading all my Birthday Greeting Emails from my friends and then curled up in bed to do some reading before retiring for the evening. What a great day and thanks to all my wonderful friends and family who remembered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment