You know...it's easy to hear pastors preach sermons on how to sit back and let God show you the "right" paths in life....sometimes it's easy...and sometimes you just want to throw something against the wall.
Well....I have to admit, I have had an incredible calm during this whole "lay-off" period from work. I have prayed alot, networked with many, and read an awesome book called "No more Mondays" which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend to anyone and everyone!!!!!! and have mostly been at peace with my work situation. Maybe that sounds crazy, but I really am enjoying the journey.
So what happens when we let God lead? In my life - I have seen prayers being answered, friendships flourish, support heighten to greater levels, and yes peace. Oddly enough, I have kept in contact with several close co-worker friends over the last few weeks concerning my situation - them emailing me asking how I was and any updates... The other day, one of these friends asked me to meet him for lunch. I thought that he wanted to meet just to catch up - talk about our lives, work - or lack of, and just life in general. By the way, let me insert here that he knew that I had an interview scheduled for this morning....I agreed to meet for lunch on Wed and was vary much looking forward to "catching up". After some small talk, and laughter, he smiled and said - you know...the real reason I wanted to have lunch with you was to offer you a job. My heart just stopped.
He said that we wanted so desperately to tell me sooner, but he had to get some things finalized on his end at the office concerning this "new" position. He said that when I sent him my resume to pass on to anyone who may want it he knew he wanted to hire me! I was still just speechless. He said that he created this position based off the skills of my resume and he felt that I would be a huge asset to their company and would I consider working for him. We talked about his visions, goals of the company, and other small details of what he envisioned for this position. I said that I was flattered and would seriously consider his offer, but that as he knew - I had an interview on Thursday that I felt obligated to having since it was already scheduled and he totally agreed.
I also told him about my mission trip in May and that I had committed myself to that and would be out of the country for 2 1/2 weeks. He said that it would not be a problem at all - he could definitely work around it....which leads me back to the title of this blog entry....letting God lead. This is perhaps one of the best fits for my work skills and it is working with a company who really wants me to work for them - and not be just begging for a job to get a paycheck.
as far as the interview today - it was horrible. I was there for 45 minutes and 40 of those minutes was spent drilling me on my former employer asking questions about how they did what they did, why they did what they did, and why we were all laid off. 5 min was spent on me and what I had to offer them (them being the competitor radiology group for the company that I just worked for). It was such an unprofessional interview. Even if this other job opportunity was not there - I just don't think I could ever work for such an unprofessional company.
and to top off everything else....I had another call from the Communications Director at Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center wanting to meet me in the morning for coffee to talk about me and what I have been doing in the marketing field over the last 12 years. Hey, I thought I was just going to lunch on wed also....who knows what to expect tomorrow morning....
I know that I will continue to pray daily, and let God lead me on the career path that he has set forth in front of me....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment